The great photography trick known as "Panning"

This photo was taken one evening of one of our horses "Patches". They were both running around one of their pastures and I thought that I would try to get some photos.
In order to show movement, I slowed the shutter speed down to1/50 of a second. I wanted everything in the photo to be blurred except for his head, so I did the wonderful photography trick known as "Panning". How do you "Pan"? It is actually very simply and easy. Simply hold the shutter down halfway allowing the camera to focus on your subject (in this case, Patches head) and follow your subject with your camera for a few moments then push the shutter down all the way and take the picture. It has a great effect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...