"Herps"

Reptiles and Amphibians - also known as "Herps" or "Herptiles" by their ever growing group of fans are some of my favorite animals. They tend to get a bad reputation (especially snakes) but I personally find them very fascinating. Therefore, I love to photograph them.
The Northern Prairie Skink is a small lizard (their max. size is about 7 in.) native to the upper midwest of the United States. They seem to be everywhere on my property so I tend to get some good shots of them, despite their lightning fast movement and skittish behavior.
A Grey Treefrog. This little guy has been living in a crease in our grill cover all summer long. Every time I grill I move him over to a nearby bush. By the next evening he is back in his little "fort" where he will stay until I move him again. This picture was cropped for better detail.
As you can probably tell, this picture doesn't look like it was taken outside in the deserts of Pakistan. But thats where these little geckos - Leopard Geckos - live. However this little guy is the latest addition to my captive herp collection. Look at those colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...