:: Dare to believe ::

In Four days my scribbled notes on a script and all the ideas and pictures in my head became a full school production with 52 children, a band, and a team of three 6th formers.
It was a truly amazing experience, one I shall never forget. I am afraid I can't show you any pictures because of Child protection. The performance took place on Friday afternoon to a packed audience in a very hot school hall.
::
This was a premier of a musical written by a local author to raise awareness about young careers. The story tells of a child called Matty who has to care for her mother when her father tragically dies of cancer. It is not a sad story, although there wasn't a dry eye in the house at the end, it is rather a story of hope and vision. Matty doesn't want people to feel sorry for her, she believes this is the hand she was dealt with and she will make it work for her.
As I watched the children perform a slick and highly professional performance I remembered the first time I read the play and the jottings I made and thoughts I had for the concept...it was magical to see my ideas come alive in front of me.
The author was in the audience and he was delighted, he said that it was all and more that he had imagined - which was a huge relief because I had not met him or discussed the production with him.
::
Its amazing what can be accomplished with support vision and determination. I don't say this to blow my own trumpet, but to make the point that as it says in the closing song:
::
They say, there's nothing you can't do,
if you truly believe it
no one can hold you back or stand in your way
There is nothing to be frightened of
No faces in the shadows
Hold onto your hopes and your dreams every day
::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...