:: Charlston...well worth the wait ::

For years I have drooled over this book...which was a Christmas present from my parents....

I poured over the contents and dreamed of one day visiting this wonderful house....

Until one day my friend Miss Mc visited, and saw my book.....

She asked if I had ever visited the house.....I sadly shook my head.....
She told me she lived twenty minutes away....

So we took a detour to Brighton when the little Green Van left the ferry in Dover.....

and on Thursday morning we all crammed into the tiny shop at Charleston House and purchased tickets for our guided tour.....

I can't tell you how excited I was....

Was it worth the wait?

it certainly was..... I nearly cried afterwards....it was so, so lovely.....I was in heaven!

unfortunately we couldn't take any pictures inside...but I took lots of the garden...

even the toilets were beautiful!

Did I buy anything? well certainly not this deck chair at a cool £120!!



The tour guide took to Sweet Pea who was in her element and oohed and ahhed as she went through every doorway.....

We then drove to a tiny church in Berwick, which contained murals painted by Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant..... and I could take pictures....
please , enjoy....


I loved the shepherds.....



I don't know how you could concentrate on a sermon when you were surrounded with such beauty...a very lucky couple were prepare for a wedding rehearsal so we had to cut our visit short...
how wonderful to be married in such a beautiful church......
It really was the perfect end to a wonderful holiday...... I hope you have enjoyed sharing our adventures.....and now...back to reality and my GCSE course work marking.....
Happy Days!!
::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...