:: A room with a view ::

After a very long drive we finally arrived at the Castle Unsleben...
As we drove into the courtyard I couldnt take it all in... my heart was skipping......it really was a fairytale castle...
with towers hanging with ivy and creepers, a moat and stone carvings....


and our little cottage was beautiful...full of authentic features.... just as it had appeared on the website....
As I type I sit in the courtyard on this step with my back against this weatherbeaten door.....
the church bell strikes seven, and I write this post with the last of the sun on my face and a cup of earl grey tea by my side...
perfect.....

so my first holiday post will be a tour of the surroundings starting with Sweet Pea's circular bedroom... I didn't like to go into what this room may have been in days gone by ...but the door is a little creepy..... what do you think?

A chair fit for a princess....

look at the ceiling..... and the views from her windows.....


In fact the view from every window in the cottage is magical... it's like being caught in another time....




I cant wait to take the little green van out to explore...
::

and of course we will share our adventures with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...