:: iTs A maD hOUsE ::

::
Its all a bit mad here at the moment and those dreams of a more stress free life with time to read and relax seem a very very long way ahead....
hence my absence from my beloved blog since my return to school three and a half weeks ago...
::
SOOOO what have I been up to?...Well mainly knitting and ALICE!
Regulars may remember that I have written my very own school production based on Lewis Caroll's Alice in Wonderland... I used a number of adaptations of the book including the original and some lovely 1950's children's versions and two years later I have written the 2011 school production. Worked started on it last term but after two days back we were in the thick of wonderland....
So work has been quite mad and I feel like the mad hatter chasing cups of tea around a very large table and never havign TIME to drink them....
Over 120 students auditioned followed by 60 recalls... and trying to find parts for everyone has been quite an undertaking...plus these days we have 'the technology '.....
so I have regular presentations to create as uploads on the many plasma screens dotted around school, blogs to write, spaces to fill on the learning platform...and teaching! phew....
But as well as Alice....my knitting needles have been busy...creating a collection of winter warmers for a wonderful little boutique in Ilkley....I must say it was hard to let this one go yesterday...I love the combination of duck egg blue and raspberry....


I wanted to create old fashioned Dicken's Style mufflers to snuggle into against the elements...it gets cold up North ...we already have the heating on...

This collection is made of Wensleydale wool....I love these little flowers which were the design of lovely Diana from Pebbledash....they instantly beautify any garment...( although I feel I am becoming obsessed with them....) Thank you Diana....



I made myself some of these funky beads with Alpaca this summer and wore them every day...but be warned people cant resist squeezing them....


I also made a matching corsage...which I forgot to photograph....

and finally the 'Raspberry ripple'...I love this chunky little number...knitted on one very very long row...I have used a mixture of silks and wools to create this piece...and its my favourite...such fun to make as I combined lots of different yarns and played with colour and texture.....


I am using Suffolk puffs to attach my labels.....this one is made from Sweet Peas old PJ's!
::
So my busy fingers are now crossed....hoping that all this knit wear will sell...and supliment my soon to be shrinking income....
But in the mean time...back to the lesson plans.....
...and thank you sooooo much for your words of support and encouragement about my new direction in life ...a little update....I had my first meeting about lay preaching on Friday and the training starts in March...perfect timing as Alice is being performed in the middle of February...exciting (if not busy) times ahead....
have a good week everyone.....
::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...