A $2,000 clutch, seriously?



I have major respect for Stella Mccartney. Some of her dresses and designs have been the best red carpet pieces that I’ve seen in a while. Stella Mccartney is truly talented and there’s no doubt about that. But why would anyone want to create a clutch that looks like those Victoria’s Secret fancy perfume set box that you can get for $50 or less.

I had to embark on a research so I could understand why this clutch costs a whopping $1,995. The Stella McCartney clutch is made out of plexiglass and measures at about six inches in diameter and is two inches deep. That would easily hold my credit cards and money, which I won’t have if I purchase this craziness.

If by any chance you are thinking about purchasing this! Please visit Net-a-porter.com. I love their description of this product:

"The ultimate in minimal design. Stella McCartney's round plexiglass box clutch will make maximum impact at cocktail hour. Carry it with a chic white pant suit to channel the label's effortlessly elegant aesthetic." 

But seriously am I missing something, does this plexiglass clutch have a layer of crushed diamond? I don't know, but I would like to know the reasoning behind the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...