Glacier National Park's "Going to the sun road" Part 1

On a recent trip through Montana I had the opportunity to travel through Glacier National Park, whom many consider to be one of the most scenic places on the planet. The "Going to the sun road" goes right through the park, and features the majority of the park's popular sights. These are some photos that I got along this road and paths branching off of it.
As you can tell, it was a very cloudy day.

Some of the rolling landscapes, high up in the mountains.

While I was far up on a path, it began raining freezing rain. I took off my jacket and covered my camera and ran (well, slipped) my way back down the mountain to the comfort of my vehicle. By the time I got there, my shirt and pants were completely soaked through.

The name, "Going to the sun road" seemed a little misleading (haha) since while I was there, the sun barely peaked out. The weather eventually got so bad that I had to leave, because the clouds were too thick to really see anything and the narrow mountain roads were becoming very slick, and I didn't want to end my day accidently driving over a cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...